For most people, the pellet made from corn is a kind of commendable feed for various animals. However, corn cob pellet is also an alternative biomass fuel with an increased availability of fuel resources, generally used to create a source of heat for residential and sometimes industrial premiss. They can offer the same cost-effective heating as wood pellets.
Corn Pellet Fuel Application:
- For home heating: corn pellet fuel is commonly used for domestic heating for its high burning rate.
- For biomass industry boiler: as a kind of main fuel for industry boiler, corn pellet fuel can replace coal, gas, oil, etc. with less environment polluting.
- Corn cob pellets can be used for the generation of electricity in power-plants
Why Take Corn as the Raw Materials for Making Bio-fuel:
- As an ideal natural pellet fuel, corn can grow fast in wide regions that suits its plantation, which means a consistent availability of fuel resources.
- Maize has a high calorific value of 16.3 MJ/KG.
- There is no smell and irritation fume, low pollutants and emissions when maize burns, so it has negligible negative effects on the environment.
- The ash produced after burning can be used as an additive for the gardens to improve the soil quality.